Excess moisture within a crawl space can be devastating to the structural components of a home and could potentially cost you thousands of dollars in repairs. It is estimated that damages due to excessive moisture in America exceed $1 billion every year.
Signs of excessive moisture?
Damp insulation, mold growth, wood rot, and interior flooring damage are among the key indicators of excessive moisture. You may also notice an odor throughout the house as a result of the crawlspace moisture.
What are the biggest problems caused by excess moisture?
- Floor joists can rot as a result of excess moisture. This will result in serious structural damages if the excess moisture is not remedied.
- Excess moisture in your crawl space can encourage the growth of mold and fungus, which will damage your home and can also trigger allergy and asthma symptoms for those living inside.
- A crawlspace with excess moisture provides a perfect environment for termites and other unwanted pests.
What do we do to remedy excessive moisture in a crawlspace?
- We will seal all crawlspace foundation vents and floor penetrations.
- We install a 6 mil moisture barrier to prevent moisture from entering from the ground.
- We install a professional grade dehumidifier to remove the moisture from the air.
Contact us, we would love to chat with you!
Proudly serving customers in Wilmington, Leland, Carolina Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Hampstead, Surf City, Topsail Island, Sneads Ferry, and Surrounding Areas.